Wichita, Kan.— The Wichita Wild (7-1) defeated the Mid Missouri Outlaws (0-7) in a final score 82-9 Saturday night in Sedalia, Missouri. In a true team effort, the Wild scored a season high 82 points to maintain their place atop the CPIFL standings.


   Wild wide receiver Joe Kassanavoid kicked off the game with an incredible catch while falling onto his back in the middle of the end zone for the first touchdown of the game. An extra point by Alex Fambrough allowed the Wild a 7-0 lead. The Outlaws followed up the Wild’s score with a drive of their own all the way down to the Wild seven yard line, but a strong defensive effort by Darius Parish, Kiaree Daniels and Chris Hemphill prevented them from cashing in. After gaining possession of the ball on a turnover on downs, Kassanavoid picked up his second touchdown of the night off a pass from Rocky Hinds and an extra point put the Wild up 14-0 at the end of the first quarter.


    The Wild continued to shut out the Outlaws with their explosive defense, giving the Wild offense a chance to extend their lead with a touchdown run by Tywon Hubbard, leaving the score, 21-0. Mid-Missouri could not catch a break from the Wild defense, as Kiaree Daniels intercepted the ball to allow Hubbard his second touchdown of the night capped off with an extra point for a Wild 28-0 advantage. On the Outlaws next possession, quarterback Damien Dunning threw his second straight interception, this time caught by the Wild’s Kendrick Harper made complete by a 35 yard field goal by Fambrough to bring the Wild lead to 31-0. After another empty run by the Outlaws offense, Tim Simmons scored for the Wild and with an extra point, gave the Wild a 38-0 lead. Just before the end of the first half, Mid Missouri was finally able to convert a field goal for their first points of the game leaving the score 38-3 in favor of the Wild at the half.


   Although Mid-Missouri opened the quarter with the ball, the turnovers continued with back to back interceptions, resulting in the Wild extending their lead, 52-3. On the very next possession, the Outlaws fumbled the ball allowing the Wild to run the ball in courtesy of Jarell Kelley for a 59-3 advantage.  Finally able to put a drive together, the Outlaws were unsuccessful in their ability to put points on the board. Easily controlling the game, the Wild took over for another touchdown, run in by Travis Ribbing to close the quarter with a commanding lead.


   To start the fourth quarter, Fambrough hit a 25 yard field goal to expand Wichita’s lead, 69-3.  A 27 yard run by Ken Davis, set the Outlaws up for their first touchdown of the night to leave the Wild ahead 69-9. Ribbing answered back for the Wild with his second touchdown of the night followed by a fumble recovery for a touchdown by Darius Parish to  end the game with an 82-9 victory in favor of Wichita.  




Content from WichitaWildFootball.com